Posts Tagged exitmusic
Entertainment Realm’s Top 25 Albums of 2012
Posted by Amy Steele in Music on November 28, 2012
1. The Avett Brothers, The Carpenter [American/Republic]
2. The xx, coexist [Young Turks]
3. Aimee Mann, Charmer [Superego Records]
4. Chelsea Wolfe, Unknown Rooms [Sargent House]
5. Meiko, The Bright Side [Fantasy]
6. The Shins, Port of Morrow [Columbia]
7. Exitmusic, Passage [Secretly Canadian]
8. Of Monsters and Men, My Head is An Animal [Universal Republic]
9. Norah Jones, Little Broken Hearts [Blue Note Records]
10. Metric, Synthetica [MOM & POP MUSIC]
11. Now Now, Threads [Trans- Records]
12. David Byrne and St. Vincent, Love this Giant [4AD / Todo Mundo]
13. Cat Power, Sun [Matador]
14. Imperial Teen, Feel the Sound [Merge Records]
15. Keane, Strangeland [Interscope]
16. Beth Orton, Sugaring Season [ANTI Records]
17. Jack White, Blunderbluss [Third Man Records / Columbia]
18. Regina Spektor, What We Heard from the Cheap Seats [Sire / WEA]
19. Purity Ring, Shrines [4AD]
20. The Organ Beats, Goldenheart
21. Laetitia Sadier, Silencio [101 DISTRIBUTION]
22. Lightning Love, Blonde Album [Quite Scientific]
23. Fiona Apple, The Idler Wheel . . . [Sony]
24. Winterpills, All My Lovely Goners [Signature Sounds]
25. Skyline Pigeons, House of Mysteries [Retro Face Music]
current music obsessions: Jennie Lowe Stearns, Meiko and exitmusic
Posted by Amy Steele in Music on May 31, 2012
Blurry Edges by Jennie Lowe Stearns
–alt-folk that’s sultry, captivating and moody. envelopes you in its atmospheric melodies. Jennie has this raw, achy voice that soothes as much as it moves you.
The Bright Side by Meiko
–ebullient. sweet. delightful.
–Meiko is from Georgia but is now L.A.-based.
—The Bright Side is her sophomore release.
purchase at Amazon: The Bright Side
Passage by exitmusic
–dark. swirly. layered. addictive.
–band named after a Radiohead song.
Aleksa Palladino (vocals)
Devon Church (guitar, keyboards)
Dru Prentiss (drums)
Nicholas Shelestak (electronics)
purchase at Amazon: Passage [+digital booklet]
You must be logged in to post a comment.